This article will detail the steps needed to configure your VPN in order to login using PortalGuard SSO manually.
NOTE: Before trying these steps please try rebooting your device and seeing if the configuration shows up in FortiClient then. *You will need to be on campus connected to the network for this to work.
Steps to Configure
- Load up FortiClient and click on the 3 lines next to the “VPN Name” box to pull up the drop down menu. (Please doublecheck that your FortiClient version has the new blue icon instead of old red icon.)
- Select “Add a new connection”
- Copy this configuration and save
- Click on SAML Login. This should bring up a separate browser window that will prompt you to login using your PortalGuard credentials.
- Once logged in you should see a web page telling you the status of your connection. It should fully connect to the VPN shortly after.
If you run into any issues while attempting to follow these steps please contact the Arcadia Help Desk by emailing at email@example.com.
** If you receive this error message after configuring the VPN, this is most likely because the VPN is trying to connect while already on campus networks. You can test out the VPN by either using a mobile hotspot if available or accessing it on a non-campus network